Saturday, June 5, 2010

Writer's road block: The war is on

It just hit me. I'm not blocked. Rather, I'm being blocked. Let's call it writer's road block instead.

I took a day off of work, kept my son in daycare, sat down and wrote. No husbands or children. Revise that. I meant no husband or child. I wasn't blocked. I was productive.

Now, it's Saturday and as I write this, my son is sobbing about wanting to go to the park even though he hasn't been on his best behavior today. And the other night, my husband demanded I stop writing so we could watch Avatar together. Do you know how long that movie is?

The characters in my life are stronger than the characters in my novel. So they should be, but they aren't exactly helping me along my writing journey here. They are blocking me. You can't fit inspiration between making someone a sandwich, doing the laundry and shutting up barking dogs, can you?

This means war. I need a new strategy... Uh, oh... More sobbing from the 3 year old and my husband is calling on the cell phone so I'll have to think about it later.

P.S. No book dedications for those two.

ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment