Friday, August 6, 2010

911 alert: Joy of the neglected blog

Some people neglect their blogs and feel guilty. Then, when they've neglected them long enough, they end up killing their old blogs and starting new ones so they seem fresh. Not me. I purposely set up this blog in hopes that I wouldn't use it. That's right. I hope it grows hairy with dust and shrivels in the corner. This blog is only to be used in dire emergencies. What kind of emergencies? Anything involving a blinking cursor, blank stares and too many jumps over to Twitter. Yes, I've hit a wall.

The good news is, it was a long time coming. This summer has been very productive. My last post was June 18. Wild! But now I'm sitting at home with time to write and my characters are eerily quiet in my head. No conversations. No tapping of pumps on pavement. I could just start writing, which usually works, but I feel like it would be forced, mostly because I'm a little stuck on the plot.

So I guess that means it's time for another experiment. Next up: reading. Not just any book. I'm going to read to my weakness. My novel needs a stronger plot, more hook and faster pacing. So Experiment 5 will be reading something known for being a fast-paced page turner. I'm going to be a good student, become wildly inspired and then come and report back what I learned and post how it went. Or, hopefully, I won't.

ShareThis

1 comment:

  1. Wow..I never looked at it from this perspective..so in the spirit of being supportive, I hope you don't reply to my comment...lol
    good luck and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete